New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

What do I need to run Adobe CS4?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sunflower722

sunflower722 is on a distinguished road

A few months ago I purchased my first Mac, the white MacBook. At the time my intention was to only run Photoshop Elements along with email, internet and iLife, etc. Now I am looking at installing the entire CS4 Design Standard collection. My processor is a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and my memory is 2 GB with 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM. I do have an external hard drive where I store most of my files.

Right now, I really only need Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, so I will only install these 3 programs if possible. My questions are, will CS4 run efficiently on my system? Since I have the external hard drive do I need more memory? If so, what would you suggest? Is there anything I can/should do before installing?

Thanks for your help!
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Link.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

I have white MacBook with 2.1 and 1 Gb and im running CS4 and Lightroom with no problems so far. I dont tend to have much else open except Safari and because of only having 1Gb the only problem i have is my Brushes take a while to load as i have heaps of them

Best advice i can give is install what you want and see how the performance is. You can always uninstall ...

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

System Requirements for Adobe Creative Suite 4 or Point Products

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dawn of War 2? | Can't open Comic Life file »