What do I need to run Adobe CS4?
    A few months ago I purchased my first Mac, the white MacBook. At the time my intention was to only run Photoshop Elements along with email, internet and iLife, etc. Now I am looking at installing the entire CS4 Design Standard collection. My processor is a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and my memory is 2 GB with 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM. I do have an external hard drive where I store most of my files.

Right now, I really only need Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, so I will only install these 3 programs if possible. My questions are, will CS4 run efficiently on my system? Since I have the external hard drive do I need more memory? If so, what would you suggest? Is there anything I can/should do before installing?

Thanks for your help!

MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Waiting for a mate . . .
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    I have white MacBook with 2.1 and 1 Gb and im running CS4 and Lightroom with no problems so far. I dont tend to have much else open except Safari and because of only having 1Gb the only problem i have is my Brushes take a while to load as i have heaps of them

Best advice i can give is install what you want and see how the performance is. You can always uninstall ...
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information