New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

cannot install game - "cannot execute binary file"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kangaroach

kangaroach is on a distinguished road

I appreciate if anybody would like to help me with this.

I've just downloaded Kelly Slater Pro Surfer. When I run the instalation for MAC (which is a Unix executable file) i get the following lines in my terminal:

PHP Code:
89-28-14-148:~ tsubwayh$ /Volumes/KSPS/KSPSMacInstaller ; exit;
-
bash: /Volumes/KSPS/KSPS Mac Installercannot execute binary file
logout

[Process completed
Can you tell me what goes wrong and what can I do to make the game install?
Thanks!

Added: I am using a 2.93 core duo imac w 4gb ram and Snow Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
kangaroach

I really wanna play this game! anyone???
im new on the mac and may not know the best approaches to problems.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

That game is quite old - released in 2003. Many older programs need to be updated for newer OS releases on the Mac. Your best bet would be to contact the developer and see if they have updates for your OS.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

The thought just occurred to me that with the age of this game, it's likely compiled for PPC (the processor Macs used before the switch to Intel). In Snow Leopard, PPC emulation (Rosetta) is no longer installed by default. That could definitely explain this error.

Try installing Rosetta:

Snow Leopard: Installing Rosetta | TMO Quick Tip | The Mac Observer

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
kangaroach

I remember that it prompted me to install it, so I guess it was installed. To be sure I checked if it is installed and it said that it is.

is there anything else i can do?
QUOTE Thanks
J-Mak

J-Mak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
The thought just occurred to me that with the age of this game, it's likely compiled for PPC (the processor Macs used before the switch to Intel). In Snow Leopard, PPC emulation (Rosetta) is no longer installed by default. That could definitely explain this error.

Try installing Rosetta:

Snow Leopard: Installing Rosetta | TMO Quick Tip | The Mac Observer
Anyway to do the opposite to that and emulate intel on a PPC?

/Stupid Question.
QUOTE Thanks
kangaroach

Finally managed to get the install going. I had to download another version of the game. But now i ran into another problem: When I launch the game, I get the settings window and when I click PLAY it says there is no game cd in the drive! Normally, the second ISO image should be mounted to play the game, but it does not work!
I have tried everything, even burned the two cds still the same problem.

Gurus and ordinary people, please help...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iweb text bounding boxes | Quick Software Questions »