New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Safari Shift+Enter

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kaanemec

kaanemec is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I am a brand new mac user. I really liked safari and want to use it, but I couldn't find a shortcut.

As you know, when you enter a word like "apple" on the address bar and press ctrl+enter in firefox, chrome or IE, it automatically adds "www." and ".com"

I came across a post that is saying it is shift+enter in safari but I couldn't get it work. I am using Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Safari 4.0.3

Thank you!

PS: Also there is F6 shortcut to go directly to the adress bar, is there a Safari equivalant of this one too?
QUOTE Thanks
Santino

Santino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaanemec View Post
PS: Also there is F6 shortcut to go directly to the adress bar, is there a Safari equivalant of this one too?
CMD+L adress bar, CMD+ALT+F search bar

Intel iMac 24" 2.8Ghz / 4gb
PowerBook G4 12" 1.33Ghz / 1.25gb
2Gb Black iPod Nano 1G
Canon 30D, recently inherited!
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

From Safari Help:
To go to a webpage by entering the webpage address:
Highlight any text that’s currently in the address field (at the top of the Safari window).
Type the address.
Most web addresses are in the form “http://www.example.com.”
Do one of the following:
If you’re visiting the page for the first time, press Return or Enter after typing the address.
If you’ve visited the page before, as you begin to type, Safari automatically completes the field with the most likely match.
If the site Safari suggests is correct, press Return or Enter to connect to the site. If it is not the site you intended to visit, check the list of suggestions, drawn from your bookmarks and browsing history. Click the site you want to visit.

To avoid needless typing, type the key part of the address and Safari will fill in the rest. For instance, to visit “http://www.example.com,” type “example.com”.

So, you just need to add the ".***" yourself! :
QUOTE Thanks
kaanemec

kaanemec is on a distinguished road

Thank you both!
QUOTE Thanks
cicloide

cicloide is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Pro 13"

One of my favorites features of Safari is that if you go to Preferences CMD+,
Set 'New tabs open with = Same Page'
Then, you are navigating and press CMD+T.
The new Tab has exactly the same navigation history than the previous Tab. You can go backward and forward using the navigation arrows.
This feature does not exist in Firefox or IE.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
CMD+ALT+F search bar
Alt=Cmd (same key)

Cmd-Option-F opens the search bar
Cmd-F takes you to the search box in the toolbar
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Afloat is Back! | Hacked WoW account: Keylogger »