11-03-2009, 10:10 PM #1How do I tell if my laptop has the system requirements for Sims 3?
I know I need to update to Leopard, but I don't know what else I need to do to make sure it runs well on my laptop.
I have a 13" White Macbook I got in June 2007. It was the very basic Macbook (the cheapest one they sold at that time, about $1100 if that helps).
Here are the reqirements for the Sims 3 (a lot of it sounds gibberish to me!):
* Mac OS X 10.5.7 Leopard or higher
* Intel Core Duo Processor
* 2 GB RAM
* ATI X1600 or Nvidia 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100.
* At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games
* This game will not run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems, or the GMA 950 class of integrated video cards.
Also, is this in the right thread? I hope so!
11-03-2009, 11:31 PM #2
- Member Since
- Jan 13, 2007
- Central New York
- 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Your MacBook will not play Sims 3. If you had picked one up in November, you could, but your graphics card can't support the Sims3.Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/
Currently running OS X 10.10
11-04-2009, 09:40 AM #3
- Member Since
- Jul 30, 2009
- Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
As far as finding the answers to some of those specifications yourself; click on the Desktop then choose About this Mac from the :Apple: Menu. Then from Go, select Utilities and open System Profiler.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By mr g5 in forum OS X - Development and DarwinReplies: 5Last Post: 04-22-2013, 07:50 PM
By KiNG Surreal in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 15Last Post: 08-15-2010, 03:19 PM
By foxy1428 in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 3Last Post: 04-24-2010, 02:51 PM
By Ashcrow in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 2Last Post: 05-31-2004, 03:30 PM