New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

COD4 and Snow Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

coehlers

coehlers is an unknown at this point

I have been toying with buying COD4 for my Mac. I have yet to figure out if I should get the Mac or Windows version. I thought I read somewhere that people were having issues running it in Snow Leopard. I am not sure if it was on this forum or another. I have tried searching, and I can't seem to find the thread I was looking at. Could someone shed some light on this issue? Either give me a link to a discussion or let me know if you are running it in snow leopard and whether or not you are having issues.

I am running a late 2008 MBP 2.4 Ghz 4GB ram 250GB HDD and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB video card.
QUOTE Thanks
sushi45

sushi45 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro. 13 inches / 2.26 / 4gb / 160GB

I say get the windows version. You can always install windows by using bootcamp.
QUOTE Thanks
coehlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi45 View Post
I say get the windows version. You can always install windows by using bootcamp.
Yes but that means I need a copy of Windows
QUOTE Thanks
serunati

serunati is on a distinguished road

I have not played it much to see any problems since my upgrade to Snow Leopard--- but I found this list that says it is working without any notations for work arounds required.

Snow Leopard Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Compatibility List

Hope it helps
QUOTE Thanks
coehlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by serunati View Post
I have not played it much to see any problems since my upgrade to Snow Leopard--- but I found this list that says it is working without any notations for work arounds required.

Snow Leopard Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Compatibility List

Hope it helps
Thanx
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by coehlers View Post
Yes but that means I need a copy of Windows
Well if that's the case...and a possible "show stopper"...then why did you mention in your initial post that you're trying to decide between the Mac or Windows COD4?

It's really not just a simple decision between buying COD4 for Mac or Windows.

Your real decision is:

A. Buy COD4 for Mac and you're done.
B. Buy COD4 for Windows...AND buy a copy of Windows

This is a MUCH different decision than what you mentioned in your original post!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
coehlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Well if that's the case...and a possible "show stopper"...then why did you mention in your initial post that you're trying to decide between the Mac or Windows COD4?

It's really not just a simple decision between buying COD4 for Mac or Windows.

Your real decision is:

A. Buy COD4 for Mac and you're done.
B. Buy COD4 for Windows...AND buy a copy of Windows

This is a MUCH different decision than what you mentioned in your original post!

- Nick
Because the main body of the thread was the concern with the issues associated with COD4 and snow leopard, with a side not of possibly buying it for windows. I never said I had to buy Windows I just need to get a copy. There have been posts after that to shed some light on the issue, so I think I am going to get it for mac. Between this forum and another people seem to think it will run just fine.

Would have been rather frustrating buying a $50 game only to find out it had issues with the new OS, and I could have gotten it for Windows.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I never said I had to buy Windows I just need to get a copy.
Just curious...if you don't need to buy Windows...how would you be obtaining it?

Thanks,

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

They're giving it away these days, haven't you heard, pigoo?? lol

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur3Mac View Post
They're giving it away these days, haven't you heard, pigoo?? lol
Well if they are...please point me in that direction! I could use a free-legal copy...I want to give bootcamp a try.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

...I hear you...

QUOTE Thanks
coehlers

My father has a few copies at his house. Besides what does it matter to you how I obtain a copy. Now that being said I would rather not put Windows on my computer for one program, but if there are known issues, like I stated I have seen, then I will get my legal copy of windows and go from there.

Please don't jack my thread just to prove a point. If you aren't going to answer my question then don't post in the thread.
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Quote:
My father has a few copies at his house. Besides what does it matter to you how I obtain a copy. Now that being said I would rather not put Windows on my computer for one program, but if there are known issues, like I stated I have seen, then I will get my legal copy of windows and go from there.

Please don't jack my thread just to prove a point. If you aren't going to answer my question then don't post in the thread.
Look, we're just joking a bit, but if you feel that way... go fish.
Good luck running COD4 on a 9400M

QUOTE Thanks
Switched

Switched will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur3Mac View Post
Look, we're just joking a bit, but if you feel that way... go fish.
Good luck running COD4 on a 9400M
actually it works runs pretty well on the 9400m. i have CoD4 for both sides. (Mac OSX and Windows XP) i prefer it on windows cause it seems aliitle smoother.

2009 "Unibomber Body" Macbook Pro| 2.8 dual core | 4gb ram|
QUOTE Thanks
gomez1018

gomez1018 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram

Go with the windows version. More settings allows you to play tweak the game to run better.

20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram 320GB internal HD,
23 inch Cinema Display,
320GB G-Tech G-Drive, 500GB G-Tech G-Drive, 500GB WD My Book Studio Drive
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes doesn't start | Password protect the ability to delete browser history »