Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Feb 23, 2008
    Posts
    53
    COD4 and Snow Leopard
    I have been toying with buying COD4 for my Mac. I have yet to figure out if I should get the Mac or Windows version. I thought I read somewhere that people were having issues running it in Snow Leopard. I am not sure if it was on this forum or another. I have tried searching, and I can't seem to find the thread I was looking at. Could someone shed some light on this issue? Either give me a link to a discussion or let me know if you are running it in snow leopard and whether or not you are having issues.

    I am running a late 2008 MBP 2.4 Ghz 4GB ram 250GB HDD and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB video card.

  2. #2


    Member Since
    Oct 23, 2009
    Posts
    16
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro. 13 inches / 2.26 / 4gb / 160GB
    I say get the windows version. You can always install windows by using bootcamp.

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Feb 23, 2008
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi45 View Post
    I say get the windows version. You can always install windows by using bootcamp.
    Yes but that means I need a copy of Windows

  4. #4

    serunati's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 30, 2009
    Posts
    5
    I have not played it much to see any problems since my upgrade to Snow Leopard--- but I found this list that says it is working without any notations for work arounds required.

    Snow Leopard Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Compatibility List

    Hope it helps

  5. #5


    Member Since
    Feb 23, 2008
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by serunati View Post
    I have not played it much to see any problems since my upgrade to Snow Leopard--- but I found this list that says it is working without any notations for work arounds required.

    Snow Leopard Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Compatibility List

    Hope it helps
    Thanx

  6. #6

    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    33,286
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by coehlers View Post
    Yes but that means I need a copy of Windows
    Well if that's the case...and a possible "show stopper"...then why did you mention in your initial post that you're trying to decide between the Mac or Windows COD4?

    It's really not just a simple decision between buying COD4 for Mac or Windows.

    Your real decision is:

    A. Buy COD4 for Mac and you're done.
    B. Buy COD4 for Windows...AND buy a copy of Windows

    This is a MUCH different decision than what you mentioned in your original post!

    - Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

  7. #7


    Member Since
    Feb 23, 2008
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    Well if that's the case...and a possible "show stopper"...then why did you mention in your initial post that you're trying to decide between the Mac or Windows COD4?

    It's really not just a simple decision between buying COD4 for Mac or Windows.

    Your real decision is:

    A. Buy COD4 for Mac and you're done.
    B. Buy COD4 for Windows...AND buy a copy of Windows

    This is a MUCH different decision than what you mentioned in your original post!

    - Nick
    Because the main body of the thread was the concern with the issues associated with COD4 and snow leopard, with a side not of possibly buying it for windows. I never said I had to buy Windows I just need to get a copy. There have been posts after that to shed some light on the issue, so I think I am going to get it for mac. Between this forum and another people seem to think it will run just fine.

    Would have been rather frustrating buying a $50 game only to find out it had issues with the new OS, and I could have gotten it for Windows.

  8. #8

    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    33,286
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by coehlers View Post
    I never said I had to buy Windows I just need to get a copy.
    Just curious...if you don't need to buy Windows...how would you be obtaining it?

    Thanks,

    - Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

  9. #9

    Sur3Mac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 03, 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,563
    Specs:
    Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ
    They're giving it away these days, haven't you heard, pigoo?? lol

  10. #10

    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    33,286
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sur3Mac View Post
    They're giving it away these days, haven't you heard, pigoo?? lol
    Well if they are...please point me in that direction! I could use a free-legal copy...I want to give bootcamp a try.

    - Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

  11. #11

    Sur3Mac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 03, 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,563
    Specs:
    Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ
    ...I hear you...

  12. #12


    Member Since
    Feb 23, 2008
    Posts
    53
    My father has a few copies at his house. Besides what does it matter to you how I obtain a copy. Now that being said I would rather not put Windows on my computer for one program, but if there are known issues, like I stated I have seen, then I will get my legal copy of windows and go from there.

    Please don't jack my thread just to prove a point. If you aren't going to answer my question then don't post in the thread.

  13. #13

    Sur3Mac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 03, 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,563
    Specs:
    Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ
    Quote Originally Posted by coehlers View Post
    My father has a few copies at his house. Besides what does it matter to you how I obtain a copy. Now that being said I would rather not put Windows on my computer for one program, but if there are known issues, like I stated I have seen, then I will get my legal copy of windows and go from there.

    Please don't jack my thread just to prove a point. If you aren't going to answer my question then don't post in the thread.
    Look, we're just joking a bit, but if you feel that way... go fish.
    Good luck running COD4 on a 9400M

  14. #14


    Member Since
    Jun 30, 2009
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Sur3Mac View Post
    Look, we're just joking a bit, but if you feel that way... go fish.
    Good luck running COD4 on a 9400M
    actually it works runs pretty well on the 9400m. i have CoD4 for both sides. (Mac OSX and Windows XP) i prefer it on windows cause it seems aliitle smoother.
    2009 "Unibomber Body" Macbook Pro| 2.8 dual core | 4gb ram|

  15. #15

    gomez1018's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 09, 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    176
    Specs:
    15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
    Go with the windows version. More settings allows you to play tweak the game to run better.

    ______________________________________________

    20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram 320GB internal HD,
    23 inch Cinema Display,
    320GB G-Tech G-Drive, 500GB G-Tech G-Drive, 500GB WD My Book Studio Drive

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 03:00 PM
  2. Remove Snow Leopard Server and re-install Snow Leopard
    By b-rad in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 02:33 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 06:15 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 06:09 AM
  5. Parallels and Tiger to Leopard (and CoD4...)
    By trident in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 10:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •