New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

error extracting iWork with Pacifist

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Schmitz

Schmitz is on a distinguished road

Ok I have a MacBook Pro 10.4.11, 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

I had an old trial of iWork'06 but never used it. Until recently a friend of mine encouraged me to get the newer iWork'09, since I was just using Microsoft Office for Mac.

I bought iWork'09 and inserted the CD to install. Pacifist then opened the package and I clicked 'install'. However while it was extracting the files a window popped up and says:

"Error
The checksum for the file 'MobileMe' is incorrect. The file may not have been extracted properly or may be damaged. Please take caution in using this file."

I then clicked 'continue', ignoring what this message meant. It continued to extract everything however when I click on one of the applications, either Pages, etc. It then says:

"Files that iWork needs are missing"

It then tells me to try and re-install to regain these missing files. I've tried to re-install multiple times and the same things happen. I did see, however, in a forums question that people responded that they should try downloading the trial version and then just entering the CD key they received with the purchase.

I tried this and the same things are happening...

I am replacing files on top of each other each time I've tried to re-install iWork '09. Should I completely wipe out all iWork programs and then re-insert my installer cd? What should I do, I have no idea what files are missing...??
QUOTE Thanks
kahlil88

kahlil88 is a jewel in the roughkahlil88 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro A1151 2.16 GHz

I would guess your computer is having trouble reading the disc -- is it scratched/scuffed? If all else fails, you should consider OpenOffice.

There is no system but GNU and Linux is one of its kernels.
Join the FSF as an Associate Member!

QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Wonder why Pacifist opened the package as you should do a full install? Is it possible the older trial version was still installed? Read this does cause problems and should be removed using the uninstaller if there is one on the iWorks 09 version, but there is not on my '08 version.

If you cant find an uninstaller, download AppTrap and drag everything to do with iWork the trash.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Pacifist has nothing to do with the installer of iWork. If that came up instead of the installer on the iWork DVD, that is probably your problem right there.
QUOTE Thanks
Schmitz

Schmitz is on a distinguished road

Should I just get rid of Pacifist then? What is the name of the regular installer then, and I'll just right click and choose it to open it.

By the way, I do have files on my laptop that have to do with iWork, should I just get rid of everything iWork related? Cause the iWork'09 cd I have will just install everything I need right?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mail keeps trying to recover failed download | iWeb synchronization and cross platform »