New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Unable to reinstall Adobe Reader 9.1

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tarah321

tarah321 is on a distinguished road

I recently upgraded to Adobe Reader version 9.2. I use a drm software on my machine from Oracle that is not compatible with 9.2. I need to roll back to 9.1

I went into my applications folder and deleted Adobe Reader 9.2. searched for all recently updated Adobe foldered and deleted those as well. I emptied my trash can and restarted machine.

Whenever I try to install Adobe Reader 9.1 I get an error message that says "Cannot install Adobe 9 to this disk. A new version of this software already exists on the disk" or something to that affect and it will not let me install 9.1.

Any suggestions or hidden files I should look for on my Mac? I really need 9.1 to view my drm material.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Download utility such as AppTrtap or AppDelete, install 9.2 again and drag to trash,. These utilities remove all files, preferences, extensions etc and you should then be able to download and install version 9.1.

AppTrap

AppDelete - More Info - Version 3.0
QUOTE Thanks
tarah321

tarah321 is on a distinguished road

yeah... i've tried that and i'm still getting the same error

Thanks for the help though. Any more ideas??
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

If I remember correctly I had this problem once and solved it in the following way. (I could be wrong but its worth a try.)

Check the folder /yourharddrivename/Library/Receipts and delete any package that says adobe reader or something to that effect. You can safely delete these packages as they are there for the installer to check if you have the version of software your trying to install already installed and, In your case keep you from installing a older version of the software.
There is another Receipts folder in /yourharddrivename/yourusername/Library/Receipts Do the same there.

Hope this works, if not, I'm out of ideas…

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking for Mac equivalent of Beyond Compare? | Unziping Program Help? »