iCal alarm messages and plists
    I am trying to find out what file or files control or keep track of ical alarm messages.

I am running 10.6.1 with deep freeze. I have moved the following ical files to a thawed partition so that I can retain data across restarts.

folder user>library>calendars

During restarts, a couple of the plist files regenerate. So, if it's one of these two files, I need to come up with a script that replaces the file every time I shut down, or something like that. I have done all sorts of tests, but I can't seem to figure out what file actually keeps track of the darn alarms. I just don't know how to tell what happens when I dismiss the alarm, so I can't find what I'm looking for.

Anybody have any clue what file relates to the alarm messages? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit to add...Post #1!!!!! Yay!!!

I would like to extend this question to see if anyone knows where the default "time until next reminder" info is kept. I am referring to the fact that only a very rigid set of times is allowed, such as 1 hr., 2 hr, 1 day, etc. If they're not built into the app, I'd like to know if there is a way of changing and/or extending the list. Hopefully, they can be changed permanently, but if not, I too will need to know if anyone knows how to retain by script or? as gadsden implies.

Mac Mini Core 2 Duo
    I've tried to find where iCal stores things before, and have not narrowed it down. I gave up. If no one here knows, perhaps the iCal forum at the Apple Discussions Forum:
    Apple - Support - Discussions - Forum Home would be a good source. And if anyone finds out, post the answer here too!

Thread Information