New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

cutting off music in iMove

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

Hey all

im running iMovie HD and have a project that i just finished. but the music fades out at the end but isnt at the end of the song. So i still have like 5 minutes of song after it fades out and thats extends the video playtime. I cant figure out a way to get rid of teh end peice. The picture i included shows where it should be cut off. I want where the time slider thing is(the line with the trianlge at the top of if that u can slide around - dont know the name for it) to become the end of the movie.

Thanks to all

Edit: my bad on the thread title...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (90.8 KB, 8 views)
QUOTE Thanks
macaudiodj

I have had the same problem the only way to cut a soundtrack is to open it up in some sort of sound editor such as GarageBand or Soundtrack. If you are really starting to get into video editing, i would suggest Final Cut Express HD, it even comes with a audio editor(soundtrack) and it is very well integrated into Final Cut Expresss HD.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Move your play head to where you want to split the audio. Select the audio you wish to split. Go to the edit pull down menu and select Split Selected Audio Clip at Playhead.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

Thanks rman, that part worked. But now where the music used to be, its just blank space with nothing and shows up at the end of my "movie" as blank space. How do i delete blank space now ?

It looks like this right now: (picture attatched)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (83.4 KB, 6 views)
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

The only way you are going to delete the space is to delete video in that area and move everything to the left. It looks to me that one of your channels is empty (mono). You may want to copy the upper channel and lay it in the lower channel.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Good program to create wedding invitations | Built in translator? »