New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

How to use the trackpad gestures with Opera

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gaanee

gaanee is on a distinguished road

I recently installed Opera 10 on Mac book Pro running Snow Leopard, but the two finger swipe for back/forward doesnot work, how can I get it working?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

See here: Opera Tutorials

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
gaanee

Yes, I went over that, but I would prefer the trackpad to work the same way as on safari or firefox, instead of different gestures for Oera.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

See here: Tamil - How to add/edit mouse gestures in Opera?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
gaanee

I'll try to edit the gestures, but why does Opera use different defaults. I thought mouse (trackpad) gestures work OS wide on Mac, but it seems its possible to customize them. I recently switched to Mac, so still learning various shortcuts that I was using.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaanee View Post
I'll try to edit the gestures, but why does Opera use different defaults. ...
Opera has been using mouse gestures across multiple OS's for many years.

Many years longer than Apple has had these fancy new trackpads.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
cjcoops

cjcoops will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Opera has been using mouse gestures across multiple OS's for many years.
And i loved 'em... with a 'standard' trackpad with 2 buttons, moving forward/back became second nature.

BUT
i think the question related to a 'new' Macbook touchpad - ie no separate buttons... you cannot hold the right click and then left click.

You can hold a right click and then swipe left with one finger to navigate, but it's not at all comfortable.

Coops
QUOTE Thanks
beyond

beyond is on a distinguished road

^ Yup I'm having the same problem and have been searching the Opera forums.

With a mouse, it's totally fine to use the Opera gestures but with this new all-in-one buttom/track pad (new 17" MBP), I can't seem to go back or forward a page with the two finger side-swipe motion!

Like you said, the gestures are Opera's home and glory, surely they would have included it into their Mac version unless Safari are patenting it or something?
QUOTE Thanks
to86

to86 is on a distinguished road

opera are adding trackpad gestures in opera 10.5. I just downloaded the beta version and all the gestures works fine! I do want to clarify, when u say two finger swipe to navigate back and forth between pages, do you actually mean THREE finger swipe, because thats what I have been using in snow leopard and leopard, in all the browsers? you can download the beta from here:

Opera Web Browser | Faster & safer | Download the new Internet browsers free
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Similar to Quick Basic for Mac | InDesign won't let me edit original file »