New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Font troubles in Word

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ellboss

ellboss is on a distinguished road

hey guys I have recently purchased my first mac 15 inch macbook pro and I have run into some troubles when inserting a new font into Word. I followed the instructions on inserting a new font (went to font book clicked on the font and went file add fonts. It asked me for a location and I clicked my HD. I think this was a bad move as I cant find the font and some of the fonts I do have are now not registering (e.g. when I highlight and go change font to TNR my text goes clear/ then if I try and write something it changes to another font). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Ell
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

If Word is not "seeing" your added fonts, then they have not registered correctly or are incompatible. Open Font Book and do a validate on those fonts which are in question.

Also... at the bottom of the Font Book dialog on the left side you should see an option that says "Windows Office Compatible". Any fonts that do not show up there will not be "seen" by Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Entourage, and so on.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't login to Thunderbird... account settings...? | Superdocker - How to work it... »