New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

duplicate mailboxes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

uncleslam23

uncleslam23 is on a distinguished road

I'm fairly new to mac's, but I feel pretty comfortable with mine. I have a pretty good feeling this is an easy fix, but I can't figure it out. Before I upgraded to SL, I only had the top mailboxes (inbox, sent, trash and junk). I liked it like that. Since the upgrade, separate AKO and Gmail (and all of their buddies) showed up. I know I can right click and delete them, but I'm worried that'll delete them from the server. The really annoying part is that if I get an email sent to my Gmail account, it shows up under the mailboxes>inbox>gmail and a duplicate shows up under the lower gmail folder Gmail>gmail>all mail.

I know this is small but for some reason it really annoys me. Any ideas on how to fix it? thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2009-10-26 at 9.59.16 PM.png (35.1 KB, 4 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

I believe you cannot delete the items that you're referring to, I have them as well, I just never noticed it.

I think it comes with the upgrade for some reason, and since they're greyed out, I think it's for informational purpose, nothing more.

Unless a more helpful reply is posted, I see no other solution but to just ignore it, you could however click the arrows which will close the folders.

That will at least be less intrusive on your screen.

Regards

QUOTE Thanks
uncleslam23

uncleslam23 is on a distinguished road

yeah thats what I do now, I just get tired of reading it in my inbox, and then going down and re clicking the other inbox so that it doesnt look like i have new mail. Thank you
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Changing the default font and size of the navigation bar text in iWeb?? | Best way to burn a .cdr file? »