New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

MacBook - iPhoto folder

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sawcy

sawcy is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

Whenever I try to find my photos in iPhoto, I have to look it up by the name of the photo in the search instead of going under Pictures > iPhoto > Originals. Instead of iPhoto being a folder where my pictures are stored, it looks like this:

It's kind of a hassle when I'm trying to upload pictures and I'm having to look up each photo individually by name. Is there any way to make that into a folder?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

If you change the view to *icon view* top left hand button then it will give you a lil thumbnail of every picture you have. Then if your running SL then the slider on the bottom right will bring the view to what ever size you want.

If its a movie and its big enuf you can even watch it in the icon view.

Hope this is what you are wanting

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

Don't go into the iPhoto library in finder!!! You are asking for trouble! And, if you are using the "original" photo, you are not using the most recently edited version.

The right way to upload is to go into iPhoto app, select the photo(s) you want to upload and either drag them to your desktop, or use the export function (this will give you options as to size, etc.) to export to your desktop and then upload from there. No risk to your library at all.

Mary
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
The right way to upload is to go into iPhoto app, select the photo(s) you want to upload and either drag them to your desktop, or use the export function (this will give you options as to size, etc.) to export to your desktop and then upload from there. No risk to your library at all.
Or, use one of the many free plugins that will allow you to upload from iPhoto to your photo site.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mail and UK Spelling | Mac Mail -- Can't move mail to folders »