New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mac Mail 4.1 and Gmail, Exchange

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

anastasw

anastasw is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I am trying to setup my Gmail account, as well as a Microsoft Exchange 2007 account, in Mac Mail on Snow Leopard on my new macbook. When I enter my Gmail information for IMAP, I am able to connect to the send mail server, but not able to receive mail. When setting up the account I receive an error message saying:

"The Gmail IMAP server “imap.gmail.com” is not responding. Try checking the network connection, and that the server name is correct. Otherwise, the server might be temporarily unavailable. If you continue, you might not be able to receive messages."

The same thing happens when I try setting up my Exchange account. Any suggestions on what may be wrong?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
rpb138

rpb138 is on a distinguished road

I'm having the same trouble with my Mail Program and Gmail account. Hopefully someone out there knows how to solve it. Good luck.
QUOTE Thanks
anastasw

anastasw is on a distinguished road

I recently noticed that, regarding this issue, my MacMail opens with my Gmail account fine when I am on the wireless network at the university I attend, however it will not connect to the gmail server when I am at home. I've never changed the settings for my home network or blocked anything... does anyone know more about what could be causing this or how to go about fixing it?
QUOTE Thanks
TrickyNic

TrickyNic is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" 2.53GHz MacBook Pro 4Gb & MacBook 1.1 250Gb HDD Leopard 2Gb Ram

Did you manage to resolve this? I am unable to set up my Exchange Server on Mail 4.2 but succeeded with Entourage, but I want use Mail.
QUOTE Thanks
DorothyMac51

DorothyMac51 is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problem. I have three gmail accounts. One account can not send or receive mail in Mac Mail. I can access my mail on the website just fine. I have not changed anything on my computer. The gmail worked fine in the morning. I left the computer for several hours and when I returned, the one gmail account no longer worked. I have contacted Apple Care and they could not fix it either. Help

Dorothy
QUOTE Thanks
lrd

lrd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

Not to sound like an idiot, but did you go to gmail support pages and follow their instructions? Oddly enough they suggest specify settings that are different than the defaults that Mail will insert.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« bean word processor-what, what, where? | Exchange server and Lion suddenly not playing well together »