New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Need Help with iLife 04 install!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sonofapplepm

I just recieved my used powerbook which had fresh clean boot of OSX.3.
It came with iLife 04 install dvd an cd. I have tried to install with the dvd on three different macs with no success! The installer keeps giving me the message " This cannot be installed on this computer. One of the following applications are open. The applications are iDvd, iPhoto, iMovie, and iTunes all of which are not running or open. I am stumped, Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Josh

P.S. I tried installing this on a Powerbook 17" 1.33ghz, a iMac 800mhz, and a iBook G3 900mhz. All have a combo drive or superdrive. It hasn't worked on any of them!
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I would try to restart the computer first.
QUOTE Thanks
sonofapplepm

Tried that, thanks. I've also repaired permissions and used disk utility to check the DVD. I hate to ask for help, so I usually try everything I can think of first. I know there are plenty of GURU'S here, I think you are one of them! I'm still stumped.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to want to check out the "Activity Monitor" in the Utilities Folder, see if anything those apps are running without your knowledge. I would also try to quit out of any third party apps running in the background. Just quit out of all the apps running in the dock, menu bar, and then start ending some processes in the Activity Monitor. Start quitting out of third party apps relating to those apps, like for example third party iTunes apps, if you got any.

Edit: You could also try using Pacifist and install one app at a time until you get to one you can't install. Then just report back, and we'll take it for there.

Pacifist:
http://www.charlessoft.com/
QUOTE Thanks
sonofapplepm

I went to Apple support and it recomended trying to install each one individually. It seems to be working! Thanks iWhat, you were right on track!
Rep points coming your way!

Thanks again,
Josh
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

Oh, good. :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
d-funct

I had the exact same problem ... I ended up fixing it by disabling itunes helper and synergy on startup ....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« avi to dvd converter needed | Fallout Tacticks Brothershood of steel »