Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2
    Opening Vuze Problem
    Whenever I open Vuze the System produces a pop-up asking if it's alright to accept incoming network connections. I have to click Allow 3 or 4 times to get rid of the box and normally it asks me to type in my admin username and password (because I don't usually login to an admin account).

It's pretty annoying to do this everytime, particularly as even if I don't click Allow the connections all start up anyway. But I have to click Allow to get rid of the box!!!

What's up here?

Ggggrrrr

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    It's your firewall. If you use it a lot I would add it to the safe list. On a side note...why Vuze? It's such a memory hog.

Specs:
    15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
    Just in case you don't know how to adjust your Firewall....System Preferences>Security>Firewall.
    "60% of the time it works, every time."
    - Brian Fantana

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    It's your firewall. If you use it a lot I would add it to the safe list. On a side note...why Vuze? It's such a memory hog.
    I've checked the Allow Connections Firewall list and Vuze is on there (set to allow).

You are right about Vuze being such a hog. The reason I don't have my main account as an admin is so that my flatmate can switch Vuze off if he needs to use the internet! What else would you suggest, something with minimal set-up (no matter how many times I read about Port-Forwarding I still don't understand what to do!).

Gggrrrrr

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    I would recommend Transmission. It's probably the best one out there for Mac. It's way streamline and it looks good. I didn't have to do any port forwarding whatsoever.

Specs:
    Well, I looked at some other threads for recommendations for other bit torrent clients and while there seems to be no general consensus on what's best for Mac, I decided to give Transmission a go.

Regarding my initial problem...my Mac isn't causing any problems with allowing connections with Transmission.

1. simple to install, set up and to check that ports are all ok.
    2. simple and clear help
    3. great facility to select only the files you want within a torrent for d/l
    4. dock icon shows global up and download speeds
    5. no problems with transfer speeds
    6. excellent facility to reduce and restore global speeds at the push of a button and you can also automate this facility to particular times.
    7. easy to move incomplete d/l and files being seeded from Vuze into Trans without losing anything

on the negative side
    1. there's no torrent search. In Vuze you can perform one search for multiple sites.
    2. The subscriptions facility is great in Vuze.
    3. Although the Vuze layout isn't perfect, the split d/l and seeding screen was very clear and the information-at-a-glance was better (seeds, peers, %, speeds etc). And you could sort on all of those things, which I liked.
    4. I'd like the option to put the Transmission icon in the active applications section of the topmost Mac toolbar.

I'm probably gonna stick with Transmission now, once I get my active Vuze files moved over.

Thanks for your help.

Ggrrrr

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    I have no issues with Vuze at all, it's brilliant!
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Specs:
    Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ
    Transmission is a fine app to use, it's light and easy.

Thread Information