New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

ical mailings

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

artona

artona is on a distinguished road

Hi

We use ical and find it great but .......

we want to create a customer list. What would be ideal is to be able to do the following:-

Enter a new customers name, address and telephone number and appointment date and time. The appointment would then automatically be entered into ical.

At a later date if we wanted to do a mail out we could simply use the address list.

Any ideas how we would set it up please

stew
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

This might be primitive, but, here goes...

Under View, choose Show Search Results. Then when you type something into the box at the upper right (next to the magnifying glass) the results will show up below.

You'll have to create a unique string of characters* to include in every Event relating to your customer list, otherwise, the Search will be "polluted" with other things. For example, I entered "car" to see all my reminders about upcoming maintenance. It also returned all reminders about when I have to put my trash cart out at the curb.

*I'd suggest using a "q" followed by something other than a "u" since that will never happen in any word.

You might also want to explore the use of Smart Groups in Address Book. Fire it up and look in Address Book Help. I don't use it, so I can't give specific tips. Just search for Smart Groups and read up on it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« automator continuing after error help | Scanner not showing up in CS4 »