Specs:
    Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
    A word processor that word processes in Spanish
    My wife is having trouble with finding a word processor in Spanish that types actual Spanish symbols and accents.

She has tried Open Office and Word. What might we be doing wrong that does not allow us to type Spanish symbols and accents?

Thanks.

Have you wife check out the demo of Mellel (http://www.redlers.com). It is fairly complex piece of software that is used for word processing for more academic purposes.

If it looks like it will do what she needs check out my thread: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-...-can-have.html it might be your lucky day. Just be sure it's going to do what she needs first...

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Humm I have my keyboard set up so that I can type in Japanese and it works just fine in word processors like Pages, Office etc.

Not sure if that's what your wife needs. Then there is always using the glyph keys but that takes awhile to type a sentence even. >_<"

Specs:
    2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
    Writing Spanish in Word

you can set the Language to Spanish to useA the grammar tools, and learn to use the Option key to do accents, like Option plus 'e' gets the &#180; then type the letter you want the accent for. The same for other characters like the &#241;, &#161;, and &#191;

At least, that's what my wife uses

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by tenashus1 View Post
    My wife is having trouble with finding a word processor in Spanish that types actual Spanish symbols and accents.

She has tried Open Office and Word. What might we be doing wrong that does not allow us to type Spanish symbols and accents?

Thanks.
    I can almost guarantee you this will do what you want:

Microsoft Office 2008 para Mac Business Edition - Apple Store (Espa&#195;&#177;a)

Of course maybe you need a Spanish Keyboard as well:

Teclado Apple Keyboard - Espa&#195;&#177;ol - Apple Store (Espa&#195;&#177;a)

HTH,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Pic of how the keyboard is setup for Vietnamese. I do some stuff for Viet people so kind of have to know how to type in their language.

Anyways after studying that keyboard layout and using it enough times you will begin to memorize the key commands and where all the different symbols are.

Probably cheapest way. ^-^"

Specs:
    13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
    ~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~

Specs:
    2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post

Pic of how the keyboard is setup for Vietnamese. I do some stuff for Viet people so kind of have to know how to type in their language.

Anyways after studying that keyboard layout and using it enough times you will begin to memorize the key commands and where all the different symbols are.

Probably cheapest way. ^-^"
    Nice thing about the romantic languages is that they're based on the Roman alphabet, so the trickiness lies in accents and variations on what we already use in American English.

I found a taker for Mellel, but it looks like you have lots of help already anyway

Thread Information