New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Internet - Safari 1.3 Released as part of 10.3.9

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Seems Apple has quietly released Safari 1.3 as part of the 10.3.9 update. This is a great upgrade for any regular user of Safari. Not only do secure sites load a ton faster but it also includes a new Javascript framework which make JS about 100 times faster than older versions of Safari.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

Wow, I didn't even notice it was a new version.

Still, I can't wait for the RSS-enabled Safari in Tiger.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

That would possibly explain why that update messed up Safari until I repaired permissions. I still think Camino is faster.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I have had 1.3 for a while now, it is faster than it was.
QUOTE Thanks
zap2

will tiger remmber all my book marks and things i look up on like google and my passwords on the internet,will i have to downlaod tiger agian ,ot my music and word files save??
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

if you do an archive and install, it leaves EVERYTHING alone. caches, files, settings, all of it. it will only change things in settings that need to be changed to accommodate new features.
and I hope you aren't talking about any illegal activity. :rolleyes:
QUOTE Thanks
JSchultz

Can I download Safari 1.3 by itself? Not that I'n thinking it will run MUCH faster on my fossil!
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

No I think you need to do a complete update. So far I have heard several reports of Safari's javascript not working with gmail, and maps.google.com and so forth.. and some problems with java.. it doesnt sound like everyone is having the problems.. but quite a few.
QUOTE Thanks
zap2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman
if you do an archive and install, it leaves EVERYTHING alone. caches, files, settings, all of it. it will only change things in settings that need to be changed to accommodate new features.
and I hope you aren't talking about any illegal activity. :rolleyes:
nope it all legal
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I've had no problems with it but I know others who have. Seems the main culprit in some cases are internet plugins that might be installed that aren't compatible with Safari 1.3. So check there first.

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the combo update.

QUOTE Thanks
HST_Gonzo

I've always liked Safari, but the only gripe I've had with it, is that it doesn't display WYSIWYG in the edit boxes on forums like these, that are equipped with that feature, for that I have used everything from Firefox to Camino and Even Netscape, all have that feature but aren't as 'asthetically pleasing' as Safari's interface is. Other than that it's a great tool, but I'm silenty hoping the new version of Safari in tiger - along with RSS which is a great bonus - supports the WYSIWYG interface in places like this.
QUOTE Thanks
miggles

miggles is on a distinguished road

I just updated to 10.3.9, but Safari v1.3 did not install. When I launch Safari, it still says 1.2.2 (v125.8). I checked, and the "About this Mac" window definitely says 10.3.9. Is there a way to download the latest Safari?
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

I would try downloading and running the combo updater to see if that fixes it. There is no way to download Safari 1.3 on its own.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Built in translator? | firefox problems »