New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

takes about 15 minutes trying to send a document

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Max Power

Max Power is on a distinguished road

For some reason when I try to send documents that I have scanned, even a one page file, my Mac takes about 15 minutes trying to send it and then comes up with the "file too big" message. The last ones I tried were only 10MB.

Any ideas, it drives me crazy.
QUOTE Thanks
ImageX

ImageX will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5

This sounds like it has to do with your internet, not your Mac. Do you mean you are trying to e-mail them or what?

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Remember to use the Reputation System!
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Sounds like it's when the OP is attaching these files to the e-mail. Most emails have a 10MB limit on attachments.

I don't understand how a 1 page document can be 10MB. What resolution are you scanning it at? 150 DPI is more than enough, on screen viewing is 72 dpi.

150 dpi is incase someone needs to print it out, and so that the quality of the print doesn't look like junk.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Not a suggestion or comment about the forum, moving to more appropriate forum.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

As @CrimsonReqiuem suggested, if you are trying to email a file that large your ISP might have a limit on the file size thus the error message. And transferring that large a file to the mail server should take a long time..that's perfectly normal..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Max Power

Thanks all, I think that answers the question, I suspected that it was to do with the resolution of the scanner so I'll try to change that. Also I didn't realise that 10MB was actually a large file. You've all been very helpful, thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
Max Power

I should just ad that I used to send scanned doc from the same scanner when I had a PC attached to it, that's why I thought it may have been Mac related.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

My guess is that on the PC your software was using a lower DPI resulting in a smaller image. I've found that regardless of your internet connection, talking to the mail servers is extremely slow because of the old world SMTP (text-based) protocol..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Keynote question | Unable to install Adobe Reader 9.1 »