New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

why does safari unexpectedly quit

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cmeffa

cmeffa is on a distinguished road

why does safari unexpectedly quit when I go on certain websites? It seems likee my computer runs rather slow compared to when I first had it.
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

Read up on this Mac OS X 10.5: What you can do if Safari quits unexpectedly.

I'm assuming you're running 10.5... if not google is your friend
I think you may find the solution to your problem there.

Regards

PS. This thread may be moved, should be here...OS X - Applications and Games - Mac-Forums.com

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
cmeffa

If I reset safari will it erase files or anything saved on my computer?
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

No.
QUOTE Thanks
cmeffa

I have read that you would lose your passwords. What are they refering to? I am not very confident with messing with my computer. i thought of trying to reset safari because I read the above link which suggested trying this because safari unexpectedly quit when I go onto certain sites.
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Losing passwords means losing saved passwords. Like if you log on a forum (Mac-forums.net) for instance, you log in and tick "remember me" or "save password" then your password is automatically saved. When you reset Safari, it'll be removed. That's all I can tell you. By the way, I am not sure that resetting it will remove your passwords, but oh well.
QUOTE Thanks
cmeffa

I am just trying to understand the implications of resetting safari if I do so. I really am not that computer savy. I just wanted to know what could do to fix safari. Reading up on the link up above I am not knowledgable enough to understand or attempt any of the various suggestions. Any suggestions either about safari or how to stop safari from quitting would be greatly apprecciated. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Lycoming

Lycoming will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook

This is an annoying glitch that has only been occurring on my iMac since the upgrade to Snow Leopard. It seems to happen when I select a link from an online newspaper.

Come on Apple, fix it please.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeffa View Post
I am just trying to understand the implications of resetting safari if I do so. I really am not that computer savy. I just wanted to know what could do to fix safari. Reading up on the link up above I am not knowledgable enough to understand or attempt any of the various suggestions. Any suggestions either about safari or how to stop safari from quitting would be greatly apprecciated. Thanks
I understand your reluctance to try something you're unfamiliar with. Unfortunately, anything I could tell you to do would be on the list in the link above. There is no magic Easy button. This is not Staples. You have to do something. It won't fix itself.

Perhaps you have a friend or an offspring who is more comfortable with such things, and could help you. I'd suggest going back to that link and printing it out. If you want to try it on your own, and you have specific questions about the instructions, post them here.

It's unlikely that you would do more damage by trying to do what is in that link. Don't worry. If something goes wrong, it's probably reversible. Take notes of what you do and what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycoming View Post
This is an annoying glitch that has only been occurring on my iMac since the upgrade to Snow Leopard. It seems to happen when I select a link from an online newspaper.

Come on Apple, fix it please.
This isn't Apple Computer, Inc. Tell them.
QUOTE Thanks
Lycoming

Lycoming will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by toMACsh View Post

This isn't Apple Computer, Inc. Tell them.
The machine does it for me, every time Safari stalls. They have the information, I'd like them to use it.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycoming View Post
They have the information, I'd like them to use it.
I think if 250,000 people reinforced the "Report to Apple" messages with a politely worded e-mail, they'd move a little faster. Fortunately, I haven't had problems with it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« bittorrents | Elite TNK »