New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

2 incarnations of Mail (IMAP access) block each other

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

michelangelo

michelangelo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBookPro, OS 10.6.8, iMac, OS 10.7.4, iBook on OS 10.4

My main computer is an oldie iBook (OS 10.4.11) with Claris Emailer being replaced by Mail to read <_myname_@mac.com> mail messages via POP mail. It works fine

HOWEVER, on the home computer (a newer iMac (OS 10.5.8), I have accidentally goofed in august of last year (dunno how) and I have today on it TWO MobileMe IMAP accounts opened on Mail on the same <_myname_@mac.com> account. Both accounts ARE activated at the same time and effectively block each other. Whenever I attempt to do a change on either one of these two accounts, an error message specifies that "the other" account uses the path to _myAccount_/Library/Mail/Mac-_MyAccount. Since I don't need these messages and stuff (everything I care about is on my iBook), I wand to blast the damm thing with dynamite. I have already deleted the file located in My account library in Mail. No result as each of the two accounts simply asks for my password, recreate the single file upon restart and both compete again on the single file with dual access. Needs more serious dynamite . Any idea ?

-- Michelangelo
http://abeille-cyclotourisme.fr/
MacBookPro, OS 10.9.1, iMac, OS 10.9.1, plenty of other stuff
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Jumping Between Tabs in Safari | iLife '09 on a G4 »