New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Opera Gestures?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Devon12

Devon12 is on a distinguished road

I recently decided to give the Opera web browser a try. The main reason being that I like how in Safari the home page has all those boxes, but in Opera you can choose which sites are shown.
I've been enjoying Opera, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the multi touch gestures to work. I have a 13" macbook pro running OSX 10.5 and I'm using Opera 10. Does anyone know how to get the sweep with three figures to go back and forward pages and such to work on Opera like it does in Firefox?
Thanks

p.s. and the scroll up and down with two fingures works, it just the back and forth pages. And I did the Opera-Preferences-shortcuts thing and unless i did it wrong that didn't work.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Give this a read. It's not multi touch but it does explain mouse gestures.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Devon12

Thanks... but is there a way to use multi touch gestures on the mouse pad of the laptop? If not, looks like I'll be reverting back to firefox, at least until the bug free version of chrome comes out.
QUOTE Thanks
Devon12

so does no one else use Opera?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

Multitouch is not supported. You can read the guide here to use Multi-Clutch to add support.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Devon12

when I downloaded the software it came as a zip file and when I tried to open it my comp just started making copies of it instead of unzipping it...!!!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

What do you mean copies? Did it actually create multiple copies of the archive? What happens if you right-click and select "Open With" > "Archive Utility (Default)".

Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon12 View Post
I recently decided to give the Opera web browser a try. The main reason being that I like how in Safari the home page has all those boxes, but in Opera you can choose which sites are shown. .....
If you are talking about Top Sites you can change them in Safari also. Look in the bottom left corner "edit" then just change them at will.
QUOTE Thanks
leopard-user1

leopard-user1 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody

I use the beta of Opera 10.10. I have MultiClutch (even though Opera had some trouble downloading it, so I used Safari) and the 3-finger gestures work fine.

Also, Opera has thumbnails in tabs, and you can customize the background in Speed Dial. Safari can "bookmark" a page into Top Sites, though, which is nice.

(from scienceteecher.com)
17" MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ZIP Files | Mail Folders with IMAP »