iLife '09 on a G4
    Recently got an eMac (1.25Ghz combo, 512mb of ram (probably upgrading to a gig) usb 2.0, ATI graphics and 40gb HDD), I was really excited, turned it on and... no iLife.

I've been looking everywhere for iLife '06, but it looks like after 4 years everyone has opened their boxes and installed their copies, but I didn't worry because I knew that I could install iLife '08 and download iMovie HD for free. They I found out they didn't offer this any more.

So, I have to live with out iMovie, which is a minor problem. But, I was wondering, if I were to buy iLife '09, obviously iMovie wouldn't work, but would iWeb, iDVD, iPhoto and Garageband. I'm a little worried about Garageband not working, because that is why I am wanting iLife - along with iWeb, as the system requirements say that 'Learn to play' requires an intel processor. Will I be able to use the rest of the program, or will it not let me use Garageband?

My plan would then be to buy Final Cut Express, since I have the 'minimum specs' machine, how slow would this program run?

Thanks for everyones help

Specs:
    Imac 27", i7 3.5GHz, 3TB Fusion drive, 32GB memory, macOS Sierra.
    Here are the specs and as you say iMovie would not work nor will Garageband which is Intel only but the rest meet the G4 requirements subject to using OS X.5.6 or later:-

Apple - iLife - System requirements for iLife ’09 on the Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    Here are the specs and as you say iMovie would not work nor will Garageband which is Intel only but the rest meet the G4 requirements subject to using OS X.5.6 or later:-

Apple - iLife - System requirements for iLife ’09 on the Mac.
    What I was wondering was whether I would be able to use garageband without 'Learn to Play' or will it just not let me launch the app?

Thread Information