New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

How do I unlock PDF files???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

redrocketart

I'm trying to uninstall a version of Dreamweaver. All goes well except for the pdf files it installed. When I try to delete them from the trash I get a pop-up stating that they can't be removed because they are locked.

...I'm a recent switcher. Thanks for the help.

Jason
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

right click or ctrl+click on the file, click get info, and uncheck the lock file box. if it is unchecked, check the permissions.

QUOTE Thanks
redrocketart

The box was not checked so, I looked under the permissions tab. There was a lock icon next to the owner tab (me of course), it was locked. I clicked on it and then it appeared unlocked. I moved the files to the trash again, same thing. No go. ???

Thanks,
Jason
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

You can try pressing the option key and then select empty the trash from the pull down menu. That should do a force empty trash.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
redrocketart

Hey thanks. I did finally get it to work. I was trying to unlock the folder containing other folders. When I opened them individually, it worked like a charm.

I'm trying to get the hang of this new system. My bigest problem thus far seems to be me trying to make it more complicated.

Thanks...a bunch.

Jason
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Garage Band on my iBook... | How to copy protect my iDVD creation? »