New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Techtool Pro Utility and Snow Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mac-Meri

Mac-Meri is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15 INCH MBP Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB 7200 RPM HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M-9600M GT

Has anybody used Techtool Pro with Snow Leopard?

I was looking into it and on the Apple Store website it has many negative reviews.

I would love some feedback and even some ideas of comparable utility programs that may be better and stable on snow leopard.

Thanks!
Meri
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

What exactly do you intend to use Techtool Pro for? The reason I ask is that there are several nice free utilities that can be downloaded. Of course not near as powerful as something like Techtool Pro, but again it depends on what you need it for.

Here's the MacWorld review of Techtool Pro 5.

Take note that as of several days ago, Techtool Pro 5 has NOT been updated so that it's compatible with Snow Leopard. According to their support, the new version is forthcoming.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac-Meri

Mac Specs: 15 INCH MBP Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB 7200 RPM HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M-9600M GT

I have migrated to Mac from the Windows world, and I always like to have my diagnostic utilities and tools handy in case I needed them. I wanted to have a chance to explore the functions in advance. What lead me to Techtool pro was my brother has been using it and told me I should get it when I have the chance.

I don't mind having many stand alone utilities but it could be nice to have them rolled into one package.

I'm going to keep my eye out for the Snow Leopard version and see how it's working for others.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Do a Google of TechTool Pro and DiskWarrior before making your purchase.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac-Meri

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
Do a Google of TechTool Pro and DiskWarrior before making your purchase.
Thanks so much, I will
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Will Garageband recognize which keys I'm pressing if I'm using an MIDI/USB Keyboard? | iDvd project size vs. length »