New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Lost tracks through copy/paste...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Division.Bell

Division.Bell is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook 2.16 GHz Intel Core2Duo 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM OS X 10.4.11 120GB Intel GMA 950 (2007)

Hey there,

I decided to take a couple of tracks that I liked from one particular Garageband project and put them into their own individual projects so that I could work with them independently from the rest of the original project.

I figured the best way to do this would be to copy the track, close the current project, open a new project and paste the track. This worked, so I saved and closed the track. I went back to the original project to copy the next track and delete the one I had just successfully copied. Upon reopening the new project that I had saved with the copied track, the track was still there, but blank. The track itself, instead of the original name (Guitar.01, for example) simply said File Missing.

I managed to find the missing files in Trash. They have names like 'No Effects#28.aif'. I can't seem to 'plug them back in' to the Garageband project, nor do they play in iTunes or anything.

So my question is, how would I go about repairing and/or recovering tracks that were lost through this copy/paste method. Is that even possible?

I think I'll be upgrading to Leopard shortly anyway, and I'm assuming the Time Machine would clear the whole problem up, but I would really appreciate not losing valuable music in the meantime.

Hope I explained myself properly, and thank you all in advance for any time spent helping.

Cheers,
Robert
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Videos in iPhoto and iMovie | importing exporting vcards into address book »