09-26-2009, 04:35 AM #1Voice To Text Recognition For Imac
I've had my Imac since May 2008 and love it.
My previous computer was an Hp Pavilion 722c.
I used speech recognition software called
'dragon naturally speaking, & it worked great.
All I need it for is speech to text.
I opened speech from the system preferences, but as far as I can tell
this is only for opening/closing files, folders, safari etc.
Hoping some of you have had experience with this
& can let me know what works best.
My Imac specs.
With the following configuration:
• Processor/Graphics 065-6833 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
• Memory 065-6828 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
• Hard Drive 065-6839 250GB Serial ATA Drive
• Optical Drive 065-6843 SuperDrive 8x DL
• Modem 065-6633 NO MODEM
• Apple Software - iWork 065-7672 No iWork Preinstalled
• Apple Software - Final Cut Exp 065-7674 No Final Cut Exp Preinstalled
• Apple Software - Aperture 065-7673 No Aperture Preinstalled
• Apple Software - Logic Express 065-7675 No Logic Exp Preinstalled
• Mouse from AOS 065-7551 Apple wireless Mighty Mouse
• MAC OS Language 065-6954 WL KYBRD & MAC OS X KIT
• Country Kit 065-6957 Country Kit
Thanks in advance!
09-26-2009, 05:18 AM #2
- Member Since
- Dec 22, 2006
- Texas, where else?
- 15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Moved thread to more appropriate forum.
You'll probably want Dragon's software for the Mac.
Desktop Speech Recognition for Macintosh UsersI cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By ers007 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 6Last Post: 06-13-2013, 01:11 PM
By simo719 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 1Last Post: 01-23-2011, 05:13 PM
By hotskate in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 01-17-2007, 09:51 PM
By CouesFanatic in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 1Last Post: 10-04-2006, 08:13 PM
By consuelo58 in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your MacReplies: 0Last Post: 01-17-2004, 11:12 AM