New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Problem with Adobe Flash and web-browser

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jkpark78

jkpark78 is on a distinguished road

I know this problem came up in the past when i was searching through the forum, but i haven't seen anyone complaining about it since snow leopard.
Prior to SL, safari and firefox worked fine with adobe flash.. however, after the upgrade, my web-browsers (firefox and safari) started crashing consistently.. i installed flashblocker on firefox and at least that's keeping me able to surf the web for now.. i tried uninstalling adobe flash (plug-ins included) and updating to the newest flash version, but still no dice..
it's only with SOME flash content - my youtube works fine as with some other flash objects, but LOT of the flash objects (like ESPN sports highlights) cause both my browsers to crash..

Anyone else having this problem? Very annoying i must say.. i'd hate to wipe the HD and start all over.. if someone can verify that starting from clean slate fixes this problem, i'd like to know..

Thank you.. mac-forum's the best for informations!
QUOTE Thanks
jkpark78

anyone? am i the only who have issue with latest version of adobe flash?
QUOTE Thanks
dmccloud

dmccloud has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro (Late-2011), 2.4 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD

For some reason, the version of Flash included with Snow Leopard is a downgrade from what's available on Adobe's website. To be fair, Adobe released the new version just a day or two before Snow Leopard went gold master. I would recommending uninstalling all adobe software (Flash, Air, Shockwave) and reinstalling the newest versions. It's possible that something is conflicting between the various Adobe packages.
QUOTE Thanks
jkpark78

i found out about SL downgrading also.. that's why i updated the flash to the newest version.. that's when this started happening..
very frustrating.. i had to use the windows pc to access one of the website that was based on flash.. argh..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Playing Games not designed for your laptop. | Safari and facebook »