New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Starcraft installs but will not run on MacBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dauthi

dauthi is on a distinguished road

Im having trouble getting starcraft to run on a MacBook (2.2GHz C2D, GMA X1300, Snow Leopard). I made images of the CDs and copied them to the HD and used the OSX installer provided by Blizzard to successfully install Starcraft on the MacBook but when I try and open SC nothing happens.

When I click the SC icon on the dock, the SC options window opens, when I close the options window, nothing happens. The tast bar at the top says starcraft for about a second, then it closes. I am never able to get into SC, the MB always stays on the desktop.

Does SC not run well with the X1300 chipset? Are there some kind of patches I need.

I can get SC to run just fine on my Summer-2009 MacBook Pro, but I cant get it to work on this MacBook.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Did you install Rosetta wheb you upgraded to Snow Leopard.

A dialogue box should have come up telling you to install Rosetta if it isn't already installed though

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
dauthi

dauthi is on a distinguished road

I did not install it, but I never saw a dialogue box though. Where do I download rosetta from? (Im new to Macs).
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

IT may not be rosetta, firstly set up a new user account and see if Stargate works from that account.

You should get the option to load Rosetta, but since you are not even getting that far, lets see if something about your User account is the cause first

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauthi View Post
Im having trouble getting starcraft to run on a MacBook (2.2GHz C2D, GMA X1300, Snow Leopard). I made images of the CDs and copied them to the HD and used the OSX installer provided by Blizzard to successfully install Starcraft on the MacBook but when I try and open SC nothing happens.

When I click the SC icon on the dock, the SC options window opens, when I close the options window, nothing happens. The tast bar at the top says starcraft for about a second, then it closes. I am never able to get into SC, the MB always stays on the desktop.

Does SC not run well with the X1300 chipset? Are there some kind of patches I need.

I can get SC to run just fine on my Summer-2009 MacBook Pro, but I cant get it to work on this MacBook.
When you initially installed Snow Leopard at one point there was an "options" button..and if you clicked it there was about 5 or so additional options. This included options for printer drivers, language options, Rosetta, etc.

I'm guessing if you insert your SL disk...you can do an install for Rosetta.

HTH,

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhoto Library black thumbnails | Yahoo! Sync username and password pop up... »