New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iTunes alternatives .

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

I was just wondering if any one had any suggestions for itunes alternatives , something like winamp or something , ive tried Whamb and it dident want to work , i kept getting erros it was wierd and it wasent stable at all , ive also tried cabrio but it was so small on my ibook screen i dident care for it any ways , some of the skins werent that great and it had limited functions ..

the reason for asking is some times i feel like using something small and not as bulky like itunes , i know i could use the it in mini mode , but i dont like all of my music being in the library , any ways , any suggestions ? thanks

QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

you dont like everything being in the library??? you can create playlists and the sort....i think i have like 35 playlists

i cant remember the name of the program but there is a play next and previous button in your top menu bar by your clock. this works quite well but it costs a few bucks

-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough

yeah i know , i just get tired of itunes all the time , some times i just want something small and fast , some times itunes just seems to bulky , and i only use it when listing to my ipod , but sense the last apple update messed my ipod up i dont really want or need to use itunes until the ipod is fixed , so i want to listen to tunes via external hd or something , and i dont want it on my hard drive , if that makes sense

QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

iTunes version 4.0, or 3.0, or 2.0, or 1.0 are the best alternatives to itunes 4.7.1
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

haha yeah thats true

QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

Audion is pretty good, except it can't play AAC files and the interface is a bit unintuitive.

http://www.panic.com/audion/
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

There are quite a few to try here and here. I haven't tried any of them so I can't say which ones to pick, but I'd imagine you're sure to find one that you like.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

xAudic works great , and it uses winamp skins , the only thing is when you download it , you have rename it to .DMG because for some odd reason they nammed it .DMG.BIN :p , and stuff it gets errors , so take the .BIN out and your good to go .

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trillian for Mac: If you want it.... | Preview »