New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

MacBook - Problem downloading opera

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JessupVa

JessupVa is on a distinguished road

Okay.....have registered here after months of digging.
I am unable to download opera on my macbook. It is 2 years old, up to date and I love her!!!
I need opera for business access purposes.
Every time that I download it, it loops in the applications folder and will not open.
Help!!!
Thanks so much!!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

What do you mean by loops? Does the icon just bounce and then disappear from the dock? If so, let's see if there are any errors when you try to launch it. Open up Terminal.app (/Applications/Utilities/) and execute the following (copy & paste it and press enter):
Code:
/Applications/Opera.app/Contents/MacOS/Opera
Does anything get printed back to the Terminal?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
JessupVa

Yes....it says no such file or delivery.

When I drag the opera icon into applications it is visible there. When I click on it or hit open, it loops back to drag icon to apps..
Sorry should have made that clearer before.
I do indeed thank you for your aid!!
JVA
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Is Opera located in your Applications directory and called Opera? The response you got from that command states that Opera doesn't exist.

Are you running one of the Opera 10 betas/RC or are you running Opera 9?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
JessupVa

am running the Opera10beta....and for some strange reason, I clicked on the flip-up at the bottom of the notice to drag it into apps and viola!!!! She finished loading grandly.
Am in applications now and it does now show up in terminal....
Hmmm....
Maybe I was jumping the gun earlier....
The big O is now in the dock....
Thanks so much Vans....
Appreciated!!
JVa
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SVN clients for osx leopard | Would this software work on my computer. Photoobjects »