New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iLife - Importing into ITunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Darkest Hour

So, I finally was able to install OS X on one of my hardrives, but most of my music is on another hardrive, and the amount of memory left on the hardrive I have installed OS X on wouldn't support the amount of songs I have. Is there any way to simply import the songs onto my ITunes without copying the files to the OS X hardrive? Others have said something about switching where the location of where files go, but I've tried that with no success.
Explain it to me simply as I am not very good with computers.
QUOTE Thanks
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Hour
So, I finally was able to install OS X on one of my hardrives, but most of my music is on another hardrive, and the amount of memory left on the hardrive I have installed OS X on wouldn't support the amount of songs I have. Is there any way to simply import the songs onto my ITunes without copying the files to the OS X hardrive? Others have said something about switching where the location of where files go, but I've tried that with no success.
Explain it to me simply as I am not very good with computers.
Certainly, just start iTunes, go to the FILE menu and number 4 on the drop down is ADD TO LIBRARY. Click on that and point iTunes to where the music is and it will take care of the rest.
QUOTE Thanks
Darkest Hour

The thing is, on the hard drive installed with OSX doesn't read the other hard drive it isn't installed on, so I can only import what's on the OSX hard drive. It's as if they're not connected or something.
QUOTE Thanks
Darkest Hour

This is what it looks line on the OS 9.2 hard drive:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/Picture1.jpg

You can see the two HD's.

But in OSX you cannot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Arson/huub.jpg
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

ahhh a little of subject but the new NORMA JEAN cd .is great.. not as good as Bless The martyr ( Josh's vocals are alot stronger than cory's) I will be seeing the chariot and underoath this weekend.. and i saw mewithoutyou last week end.. they are my favorite band they are great guys.. rickie ( the drummer) is my homie lol
QUOTE Thanks
Wapa18

mewithoutyou is amazing! where did you see them? i've been wanting to get to one of their shows, but nothings come close enough for me.
QUOTE Thanks
Darkest Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthisisRomancex
ahhh a little of subject but the new NORMA JEAN cd .is great.. not as good as Bless The martyr ( Josh's vocals are alot stronger than cory's) I will be seeing the chariot and underoath this weekend.. and i saw mewithoutyou last week end.. they are my favorite band they are great guys.. rickie ( the drummer) is my homie lol
Actually, I think it is better than Bless The Martry. It has more of the math metal aspect that I love.
Haha.
Anyway, can someone help me? Or am I screwed?
QUOTE Thanks
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

Afraid i don't know enough yet about OS X to answer that one. What it looks like to me is you need to back up that OS9 drive then format it to where OS X can read it, reinstall the files and then it should work fine.
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

i seen mewithoutyou in shreveport ( my home town) i got to hangout with the guys a few hours before and during the show.. they are all amazing... people.. it was the 6th time i have seen them. This to me was one of the better shows...
QUOTE Thanks
Darkest Hour

Bump.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Illustrator Help Needed | FCP export Help! »