New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Alternatives to CleanMyMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Adzy

Adzy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook (Early 2009)

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a free alternative to CleanMyMac?

Many thanks,
Adam.

Owned Apple Hardware: White 13.3" MacBook (Early 09, 2.0GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD)
On The Web: Twitter | Personal Blog | Flickr
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

If you really think you need one, try OnyX.

Most of the time, though, all the cleaning your Mac needs is a wipe-down with a damp cloth. Your Mac does its own maintenance for the most part.
QUOTE Thanks
fear7950

fear7950 is on a distinguished road

How do you uninstall cleanmymac

I totally new to mac and I installed this cleanmymac which sound good but what I have read you don't need it - so how do I uninstall it?
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Not good.

Look at the bottom of the page for The Bad Stuff. States cannot uninstall the demo version as they want you to pay the licencing fee first and there is adverse comment about this Ukraine software company.

Suggest installing AppDelete or AppTrap and then dragging the application to the trash and emptying.

Keep us posted?

CleanMyMac 1.5.1 — The Bad
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Note: Merged Duplicate Posts/Threads

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
fear7950

fear7950 is on a distinguished road

The Appdelete worked thanks and sorry about the double post
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute

Our pleasure fear and stay with Mac Forums eh? Learn quite a lot here.
QUOTE Thanks
Sofiux

Sofiux is on a distinguished road

You can easily uninstall the trial version of CleanMyMac. Just like you would uninstall any other application on MacOS - drag and drop it in Trash.
We don't develop our application to make someone buy it by force.

Regarding the post about CleanMyMac being useless - it all depends on what you want it to do. You can use it as a great tool to free some disk space, and to clean Logs and cache - which DO make your system run slower.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

Sorry to revive and old thread buut the above statement by the developper does not work. Has left behind CleanMyMac Helper Tool which runs on every boot according to Console. How do we remove this?
QUOTE Thanks
Sofiux

Sofiux is on a distinguished road

Dear harryb2448,

You are right, my previous statement really does not work at this point, but that's because CleanMyMac has changed seriously since then. It just did not have the features that required the helper tool when I posted that. Now it has a separate 'Automatic Application Uninstaller' and a couple of other useful monitoring features that work by means of the helper.

At this point the best way to uninstall CleanMyMac correctly and completely is to use CleanMyMac itself to do that. Please just drag the CleanMyMac.app file into the 'Uninstall Applications' module area and then click Uninstall. CleanMyMac will just 'eat itself' with no trace
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to turn off matching address in Mail | Why does Norton Antivirus cause problems for macs? »