New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Me again

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mayhem

The problem now is I was downloading Firefox and like my iBook shut off and now there's an icon on my desktop which is the undownloaded firefox and when I try to put it in the trash, it says it's being used by another task. How do I delete it?

Later,
Mayhem
QUOTE Thanks
bassplayrr

bassplayrr will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video

Open your trash bin, then in the top left of your desktop, just to the right of the blue apple click on 'Finder' and scroll down to 'secure empty trash.' That should work.

-Chris
QUOTE Thanks
Mayhem

It's not there, the secure thing.

Later,
Fatty
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

mac hd>applications>utilities> activity monitor, look for something that could be using it, or change its extension.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Have you tried restarting your computer? Before you open anything up after that move it to the trash.

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb
Have you tried restarting your computer? Before you open anything up after that move it to the trash.
I think it was 'like' restarting, his ibook shut down, at some point, he must have turned it back on. why did it shut down?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

What do you mean by 'undownloaded' anyway? Do you mean an incomplete Safari download icon? If that's the file you want to delete, just make sure Safari isn't open and trash the file.

If you mean a .dmg file container, make sure that you've dragged Firefox into your apps folder and launch it from there. If you drag the icon from the .dmg file into your dock, you won't be able to delete the .dmg if Firefox is open...
QUOTE Thanks
Mayhem

Sometimes my iBook shuts off from being on the internet. If you can explain why, please do. It looks like the icon that shows it downloading, except it's not.I'm on a iBook G3 with a 10.2 OS.

Later,
Fatty
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can this be right | Help!! Error when trying to save Keynote presentation… »