New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iphoto - when i click on thumbnails an exclamation mark pops up

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

samjones23

samjones23 is on a distinguished road

Hi

Can you help?

All my photos are in iphoto and i can view the thumbnails but when i click on them an exclamation mark pops up. This doesnt happen on portrait photos though , only landscape.

Does anyone know what this is and how do i fix it?

Thanks

Sam
QUOTE Thanks
Lycoming

Lycoming will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook

The help pages show this as a possible low resolution alert. What resolution are the images which produce the problem?
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

Sounds to me like you may have made some changes to the photos outside of iPhoto. If you move or make changes to photos outside of iPhoto it will lose contact with the photos and you will have to re-import them.
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

Exactly -- if you rotated those photos in the library in finder, you will get that result. Stay out of the finder!

Mary
QUOTE Thanks
jclsr127

jclsr127 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjones23 View Post
Hi

Can you help?

All my photos are in iphoto and i can view the thumbnails but when i click on them an exclamation mark pops up. This doesnt happen on portrait photos though , only landscape.

Does anyone know what this is and how do i fix it?

Thanks

Sam
FOR YOU. IF REVERT TO ORIGINAL DOESN'T WORK AND YOU HAVE A MAC DO THE FOLLOWING.
1. Place all of your problem photos in the iphoto trash. DO NOT EMPTY THE TRASH PLEASE.
2.Go to finder and search jpeg, pictures, OR images one of the three will find all of your precious money sucking relatives(just joking)
3.Highlight all the pictures then drag and drop them into iphoto.
4.Sort them, now you know why you stored the other pictures in the iphoto trash...LESS TO SORT
5.This works GOD BLESS MAC COMPUTERS
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« GarageBand '09: Recording Voice Problem! | converting older Excel files »