New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mail.app question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

prostuff1

prostuff1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)

I am a student aid for the tech admin at our school and he asked me to research and find a solution to the problem he has. He works almost exclusively with macs at my school and his wife uses a PC at home (but he has a really nice 17in PB he uses). Anyway, he said his wife has outlook set up so that when she sends an e-mail out and the person the message is going to looks at it she gets a verification that the e-mail was looked at.

Here is a hypothetical situation: She sends an e-mail that states that the prices are going up buy 8%. When the receiving party gets the e-mail she gets a verification that the e-mail has been looked at. This is very important to her because that keeps the buyers from lying and saying that they did not get an e-mail about the price increase.

So my question is: Is there a way to do this in Mail? Or maybe a plugin or something? Maybe another e-mail client for mac does this?

The reason i ask is because he got his wife to switch to using a mac but she really, really, really needs that feature in mail...or another mail application for OSX?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

http://macusersforum.com/lofiversion...php?t2629.html
this might help in Terminal...
Had a hard time finding anything else. Most suggested another email client for Mac...possibly Thunderbird, Eudora, Mac versions of Entourage...
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by deus_ex_machina
hey, thats a link to the forum I used to be an admin at. lol. though eric banned my ip address, so I cant even look at it. neye:
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

why is that macman?
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I can tell you later, in chat or something, Im not the type to talk about other stuff like that online. but IU can tell you it was a huge mis understanding, then a few people went into
"stick up their **** mode"(that was for those of you in the uk
a long time ago, it was me, eric, and a few inactive members. I worked my fingers to the bone, it was me and eric for a while, then things started changing and I guess it got to his head, I dunno. we can talk later in ichat, but for now, I have to do some drawing 2 homework.
QUOTE Thanks
prostuff1

prostuff1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)

Thanks for the help!

I think i will suggest she try Thunderbird.

Thanks again
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Speed Download 3 | KnightShift Demo on iBook 1.2ghz »