New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

can't uninstall/delete Autocomplete

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Profashional101

Profashional101 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I'm new here!
I just recently got A Macbook Pro for my birthday which i absolutely love!!!
However, I've always used Windows and i still have to get used to OS X.

My problem is that I hate the Autocomplete thingi whenever i use safari. I tried different "solutions" i found on the web but nothing has worked.
History, top lists etc just keeps popping up.
Someone said to try the Autocompletealwayson! application and i did (stupid, should have known) but now i just can't seem do delete it! everytime i try trashing it i get a pop up that it's use. I tried Appzapper and appdelete but nothing works.

Can anyone please please help me. Right now i'm just frustrated and can't enjoy the "feeling"

much thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

It appears the program applies a patch to Safari by way of running an Applescript. I believe the reason you can't uninstall it is that the program runs automatically when you start your OS X session.

Try this: Open System Preferences, select Accounts. Highlight your user name and click on the tab to the right with the label "Login Items". Look for the Autocompletealwayson program. Select it and then click on the small minus ( - ) box at the bottom of the dialog.

After doing this, reboot your Mac. Now drag the Autocompletealwayson program to the trash or use AppZapper. Should work.

And a reminder to you as a new Mac user - make backups! Use Time Machine.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Profashional101

Profashional101 is on a distinguished road

oh wow thanks! it worked!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cant view my mail automatically? | Deleting Songs from iTunes »