New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iworks Pages Save As

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dizzi45Z

Dizzi45Z is on a distinguished road

I was wondering if any of you find this as annoying as I do.

I update invoices that are found in different places throughout my computer. Whenever I update an invoice, I do a save as so that I still maintain the old version. On a PC, when you do a Save As, by default, it puts you in the folder of where the original file is (awesome!). In iworks '08 on my mac, by default, it puts me in the folder of the last document I saved something in (incredibly stupid!). That means that every time I update an invoice in a different folder on the mac, I have to navigate to where the original document is. This is a big deal when you have lots of documents that you do this to.

Is anybody aware of any workarounds for this? Is this an iworks only thing?
QUOTE Thanks
Pomeroy

Pomeroy is a jewel in the roughPomeroy is a jewel in the rough

Will this work ??? Then just Save and the newest file will have the original name and the older one will have a backup name.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 4.jpg (46.4 KB, 12 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Dizzi45Z

Dizzi45Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomeroy View Post
Will this work ??? Then just Save and the newest file will have the original name and the older one will have a backup name.
Thanks for this.

I noticed I have this check mark on. This might be a work around for now, but part of the reason for renaming the files is so that I can name it by the date that the file was created. Just having Backup of.... and then backup of backup of.... and etc. would be less desirable.

I wish there was a global way of controlling this on a Mac.

-Dave Zimmerman
Intel Mac Pro Quad Core 2.6 Xeon, 11GB RAM OS 10.6.2
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Free FTP Software | iTunes - PC to Mac »