New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Adobe - Stupid Scanner + Photoshop died!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

Today I decided to plug in my HP Scanjet 4670 scanner(which I've always had problems with––Windows, Linux, Mac). After I had problems on all three OSes, I originally decided just not to use it. However, today, I figured I'd give it a try. It had the same problems, and then I uninstalled it.

Everything went smoothly until I opened up photoshop to do some graphic editing. Everytime I would go File>open, select the file, and then click open it would just hang on me(gave me a little wrist watch, then spinning beach ball). As well, If I go File>New and try to create a new document, same thing.
I tried re-installing Photoshop. However, it seems everything that I install from the disc appears to not work! (For ex. when I go into the disk, and click the read me(.txt) TextEdit hangs as well. However, all other files associated with text edit(.txt) work fine. Realizing this, I doubted that a fresh install of Photoshop would do anything. I was correct. It did nothing to solve the problems!

Can you assist me with this!?
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

Id recommend using vuescan with that scanner instead of its main drivers which seem to be causing some conflicts or something, also0, hve you tried the basics? delete photoshops prefs, repair permissions, reset pram?
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

I haven't looked into Vuescan, as I already put the scanner in the closet... and now I just want photoshop back

Yes, before I completeley trashed everything with photoshop, I repaired permissions, trashed prefs..etc

Nothing seems to be solving it..
I sent an email to my uncle(who happens to be a VP at Adobe) about this, so hopefully I have an answer to share with the community soon!
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

cool. also ask him when theyre coming out with a version of adobe premiere pro for mac.
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman
cool. also ask him when theyre coming out with a version of adobe premiere pro for mac.
lol..."If I told you, I'd have to kill you."

*007 music randomly starts playing*
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

okay, strangely enough..tried reinstalling photoshop again...perfect

It works
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« saving command & conquer to harddrive so i dont have to use dvd | new mac user, what shall i try? »