New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iPhoto Found Photos?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smlfri

smlfri is on a distinguished road

iPhoto is a great application i find. I dont take many picture but when i do i like to put them in iPhoto because it looks great But lately ive been getting a message at the launch saying "11 photos have been found in the iPhoto Library that were not imported. (then on next line) Would you like to import them?. (then a simple yes or no) If i click "yes" iPhoto will wait a few seconds then ask again if i click yes again it says they have been added but there is a folder on the sidebar that says "Recovered Photos" and it has no photos in there however if i click "no" then it tells me that have been placed in "/Users/(My name)/Pictures/iPhoto Library Recovered Photos" If i look at the info for these folders they are around 250mb thats pretty big for no photos? then most of them have been locked so if i have to remove them from my computer i have to hold "option" while clicking "empty" in the trash. Well My question if you haven't guessed buy now is does anyone know how to stop this from happening? Is this a Bug? Is this a virus? Witch i highly doubt but maybe.

Can someone Please help?
QUOTE Thanks
smlfri

smlfri is on a distinguished road

Since Everyone here at Mac-Forums is sooo helpful i would like to say thank you for all your ideas If you couldn't understand i was being sarcastic i have found the solution to my problem on a real support site Apple - Support - Discussions - Forum Home
And for everyone else out there that has this problem here is the solution:

This is one of the very, very few times you should make a change to your iPhoto library using the finder - quit iPhoto and go to your pictures folder and right click (control click) on the iPhoto library and select the show package contents command - find the folder in the iPhoto library names import (or importing) and drag it to the desktop - launch iPhoto and you will be ok

Open the import(ing) folder on the desktop and if there are photos in it that you want in iPhoto import them -then trash the import(ing) folder

And remember that as a normal rule you should never make any changes to the content or structure of the iPhoto library - doing so can corrupt your library and may cause you to lose data

This is the link to the thread:
Apple - Support - Discussions - Photos found that were not imported ...

Once again thanks for all your help.
i hope this helps everyone else in the future but i suggest going to a real help site like apple.
QUOTE Thanks
charissa

charissa is on a distinguished road

I just wanted to thank you very much for posting the answer yourself after you found it!!! I'm so happy to have rid my mother's MacBook of this problem with her iPhoto. Thank you so much for coming back to post your answer even after no one answered you on here!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari and facebook | Creating a database of clients »