New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

lost photo booth?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

deathtolife04

deathtolife04 is an unknown at this point

To make a long story short- my hard drive died so Apple put in a new one.

I just got it back today and turned it on, and noticed a question mark in my dock. That's when I realized, photo booth is no longer on my computer!

The apple store is CLEAR on the other side of town and I'd rather not have to take it back down there again. Is there any way I can get photo booth back?

and also- they originally said that i'd be getting an 80 gb hard drive because they don't make the 60 gb ones anymore. But the one they put in is 60 gb. Does that mean they put an old refurbished one in it or something? Is there anything I can do about that? My warranty only goes a few more months and I'd be TICKED if my "new" hard drive didn't last!
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

I may be mistaken but I believe Photo Booth is on the app install dvd that came with your mac.

Hope it helps
Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
deathtolife04

deathtolife04 is an unknown at this point

I ended up just doing an erase & install to get it back. and now i'm having other issues! ughhh
QUOTE Thanks
Maliki4

Maliki4 is on a distinguished road

Helllo DiscoD...If you have accidentally deleted a picture from your hard drive try to use hard drive file recovery..With the help of this software, you can recover your lost images from your mobile as well.
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtolife04 View Post
To make a long story short- my hard drive died so Apple put in a new one.

I just got it back today and turned it on, and noticed a question mark in my dock. That's when I realized, photo booth is no longer on my computer!

My warranty only goes a few more months and I'd be TICKED if my "new" hard drive didn't last!
The question mark on an icon in the dock means that the linkage to original app is broken - drag that icon out of the dock and release and it will disappear. Then go to Applications folder and double click the app and it will open and put a new icon in the dock, then if u right click it, the contextual menu will offer the choice to keep in dock.
HDs do not have a fixed life, so you pays your money and takes your chance - have heard of 2 new ones failing in the same year, so what it really means is have a back up system in place if u have important data on any HD.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Stickies in Finder | dvd burner »