New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

A question for Gimp/Photoshop users

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Vormittagsspuk

Vormittagsspuk is on a distinguished road

Alright, so this may not be the most appropriate place to be asking this question, but I thought I'd ask.
So I have these images I've created in Gimp (a free photoshop application) and when I save them, they're automatically saved in .xcf form. So my question is how do I convert the .xcf file into a usable form, i.e. uploadable, copy/pastable form.
Thanks a lot for answering, and I apologize if this thread is totally left field from this forum
QUOTE Thanks
twdcmd

twdcmd is on a distinguished road

Open it back up in Gimp, Save As, and there should be drop down (it's named something odd as I recall), to save as a different format (jpg, gif, etc.)

Just poke around through the drop menus until you find it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Are we stuck with google in the safari toolbar? | Force Safari Windows to Not Resize »