New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Call of Duty 4 1.7 patch problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lehestro

lehestro is on a distinguished road

I've been trying to install the 1.7 update for Call of Duty 4 so's I can play cross platform (as well as enjoy the other benefits). Downloaded the patch (the one for the retail game, which is what I have), but every time I try to install it it says it can't install, because the game was not installed properly. I've tried reinstalling the game (you just drag the folder to your hard disk), and that hasn't helped. I don't know what to do. Can anyone please speak to this problem? Thanks!

PS- single player runs fine.

Am running 15" MBP 2.66ghz, OSX 10.5.6, 4gb ram
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2012 Non-retina MBP, 2.6GHz i7, 8GB RAM, Antiglare Screen

Where did you get you 1.7 patch from? Aspyre or from Apples website?

My Macs: 2012 Non-Retina 15" MBP; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2012 Non-retina MBP, 2.6GHz i7, 8GB RAM, Antiglare Screen

Ok, I applied the patch this evening, and it worked fine.

There are two different versions of the patch, and you need to get the one thats appropriate for the version you have...

CoD4_E_DR_1.7.1.dmg is for the DOWNLOAD version of the game, this will FAIL if you try to use it to patch the DVD Media version of the game with an error like what you saw, stating that it could not find the install. There is a caveat below if you have the other version, as it will supply the same type of error if you have the download version of the game rather then the retail DVD. This patch is the one you would most likely get from Apple, or possibly macupdate.

CoD4_E_SR_1.7.1.dmg is the version of the patch for the DVD media retail version of the game. This patch is obtained from aspyre itself. This patch will only work correctly for the version of the game installed from DVD media, and is for the english version of the game. This patch will FAIL on the download version of the game giving an error similar to what you mentioned not finding the product installed. Once again, this patch is the version you would download from Aspyre. It might be available elsewhere, but this is where I got my copy.

Hope this helps.

My Macs: 2012 Non-Retina 15" MBP; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
scottmcp432

scottmcp432 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7

I am having the exact same issue as you and it is frustrating as uh....heck too.Single player works fine.Multiplayer is installed and runs but every map is a ghost town.3 re-installs have yielded the same result each time.No multiplayer is a fun killer ain't it?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Call of duty4 modern warfare patch | App that improves gaming performance »