1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
    desktop enhancement
    hi. i was just looking around on apples site and found a download for a complete gui package, Xidg-albook i beleive. i just dont have money to pay for it though. are there any free ones that are like it. or even anything else that will make my ibook cool? thanks a ton. peace.

I really meant to say that this program and most others i see need shapeshifter which costs money. is there something else i can use instead of shapeshifter?

i have heard of nothing else...

Arlington Heights, IL USA
    17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
    Right now it seems that Shapeshifter is the only program that easily accepts the GUIkits. It is a wonderful and worthy program. I purchased the first day I tried it. It makes changing the look of your Mac so easy, a simple pref pane and point and click and your done.

If you haven't already, at least use the trial version of Shapeshifter so that you can see what all it does.
    Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.

Cleveland, Ohio
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    I agree, for the cost of the program, it's more than worth it.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Their is also ThemeChanger that is free and you can download themes for it from They are dlta themes. Here is a link for theme changer:

I dislike Shapeshifter because they are living off the tireless work from GUI designers who spend hours making themes and then releasing them for free. The only people that are making money are the makers of shapeshifter the people who designed the themes don't get anything and lets face it what's the point in a Shapeshifter without themes.

Thread Information