New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Add Yahoo! e-mail addresses in Mac Mail...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mauser

Mauser is on a distinguished road

Hey there! I was just wondering if it was possible to set up a pop server in Mail for regular Yahoo! mail, instead of Yahoo! Mail Plus. I've got my RSS feeds and Gmail working already, but I use my Yahoo account as my primary. Help!
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

I could be very wrong on this but, AFAIK no. It's one of the perks of being a paying member for yahoo mail is having access to their pop servers.

There might be a tool somewhere to bypass using pop servers and somehow interfacing to it via http, that I don't know at all.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
brady1027

brady1027 is on a distinguished road

i am trying to do this right now, and found that you are supposed to pay 19.95 per year if you would like a yahoo plus account, this would give you access to the pop servers. there may be a way around that, and if i get it working, i will post again.

MacBook Pro 2.7 GHZ Core i7 4Gb Ram 500 GB Hard Drive
QUOTE Thanks
cfrench

cfrench is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.53GHz

$20 for a year sounds pretty cheap. You can blow $20 in a day.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
$20 for a year sounds pretty cheap. You can blow $20 in a day.
Agreed.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
dinkjs

dinkjs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 13.3" 2.4 Ghz Stock

Why not just get a new email that allows you to pop for free....that is why i stopped using yahoo because they wanted to charge....where most others are free....it wouldnt take you that long to send a mass email telling everyone your new address
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MOTOZINE ZN5 on iSync...? | Adding a link to a message in Entourage - not possible? »