New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Microsoft Messenger 6.0.3 Issues - Cant send multiple messages

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Positive19

Positive19 is on a distinguished road

Hey, I was looking to see if I could get a little advice or support regarding Mac Messenger v.6.0.3. (Microsoft Messenger for Mac v.6.0.3. to be a little more precise)

Recently, the problem came up where I was unable to send more than one message without having to click inside the chat box before continuing typing.

For instance: I type the message 'lol' and hit enter. Now usually, I should be able to just keep typing to send another message. But since this problem came up, I have to click within the chat box (the actual typing space) to keep writing. This is really frustrating to keep having to do so before every message, and honestly, I dont know what would have caused this issue. I have not changed any settings to my knowledge, and I also have this problem with the new version, 7.x.

However, I would also like to refrain from updating because I think v.6 just looks a lot better, and since updating hasnt changed this issue, I dont see the point in doing so. With other messengers (iChat, Skype) I dont have this problem, so Im really struggling to figure out what could be causing this problem & what I can do to resolve it. Any and all feedback & support is greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
Positive19

Positive19 is on a distinguished road

Problem solved.. I guess, I've yet to try it, but this is a post in the Safari 4 BETA thread:

This is a strange issue, but stay with me.

I jumped at the Safari 4 Beta when it was released the other day. I installed it, started up the browser, and everything was fine. No problems.

Then I realized that my MSN Messenger for Mac started to have some really strange issues. For example, if I need to type five lines during an IM conversation, I usually type the sentence, enter, type the sentence, enter, so on and so forth, and I am sure that is what you guys do as well.

The problem for me is that I had to type the sentence, enter, CLICK ON THE TEXT BOX, type the next sentence, enter, CLICK ON THE TEXT BOX AGAIN.

Basically, whenever I have to type a few continuous lines in MSN, I have to click before I start to type.

Now, I am sure most of you are thinking that it has nothing to do with Safari 4 Beta - I thought so too. But it was the only change I made to my iMac before the problem started, so I decided to test it out.

The same thing happened on my Macbook, and THE PROBLEM went away right after I uninstalled Safari 4 Beta completely. I was able to chat normally again.

That was when I realized that the two are connected, though I have no idea how. I have tried to install and uninstall the application a few times, and it'd cripple that function in MSN every single time I do it.

What is the problem?

So technically, this problem is resolved, and I guess we'll just have to wait for a stable Safari 4.. Thought I'd post the solution for anyone else looking over this. but other than that, I guess this thread is closed.
QUOTE Thanks
Macmini

Macmini is an unknown at this point

the problem came even out to me, just as i installed safari beta 4....
when i uninstalled it, my msn worked properly
We must wait for the definitive release...
:-)
QUOTE Thanks
appledik

appledik is on a distinguished road

According to other users If we remove safari 4 beta than both would work. But my problem is I don't know how to remove just safari beta update? I just wanted to use old safari. Help please
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« protecting a folder with a password | unison issue need help please! »