New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

New to IWork 09 and Numbers

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

axis42

axis42 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum Macbook

Hi,
First of all, I have never been a power user of Excel, but it is the spreadsheet application with which I am most familiar.

Here's my question: I am working a .csv file created by a CMS. It's contents are answers to a survey posted on my company's Web site and so contain a lot of text. Some of the cells have quite a lot of text in them and so are very tall. One makes the row so tall that the entire row doesn't even fit on a tabloid sheet of paper (11x17) when the layout is in landscape. But I need to see all the text when the spreadsheet is printed out and yes, they need to be printable. Is there a way for me to force Numbers to continue a row on the next page?

A follow up question: Some of the pages only have two rows on them and then a lot of white space below because the next row is so tall that it will not fit on the previous page on its own. Is there a way to force Numbers to start one of these rows on a page and then to continue the row on the next page?

In Excel, I could simply drag page breaks wherever I wanted them. Even this ability would be stellar.

Thanks!
Charlie
QUOTE Thanks
ravenfollower

ravenfollower is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - 15"

There should be an option to wrap cells or not in the formatting bar at the top. You can select the cells that you don't want to wrap and uncheck that option. Alternatively (and/or additionally), you could simply widen the column that contains your responses until you have a reasonably-sized column for your chunks of text. You can also paginate your spreadsheet or not so that it will be easier to see what your final output will look like by clicking the small page icon at the very bottom of your window.

You can also take a look at the Inspector for a number of options for each cell, column, etc.

-Nik

== "There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew." ==
- Marshall McLuhan
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Command + Q not working | photoshop element mac »