New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mounting an Bin/cue file ? (Not burning)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Hey all, I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. I've google'd my butt off, and have come across all sorts of suggestions, techniques and have found nothing to help. I have some photoshop/Lightroom training videos, which are in the form of bin/cue files after they've been unzipped.

I've tried opening with VLC directly (the bins), I've also tried Stuffit Expander Pro (13) but nothing ever happens when I drop the files into the app except that it starts zipping them.. OR.. I'll get a message saying that the bin files are not compressed at all in the first place.

I've also tried using VLC to encode the bin files, which goes through the steps, but yields no results during playback. I don't want to burn these files to dvd, I just want to mount them, watch them and then toss them on to an Ext. HD for archiving when I'm done.

I've also heard about using Toast to get it done, but do I really have to download yet another useless program that I'll never use for anything else but this one thing ? Why aren't there daemon tools to mount images, like there is for Windows ? I know.. this isn't Windows, but you get my point.

I'd really appreciate some help with this stuff.

Doug

P.S. To the mod who edited my text: That was wholly unnecessary. You could have just asked that I refrain from using that word, which technically... means donkey. (yes, I understand what context is).
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I think the open source burn can do it, using the copy function

Burn - Home

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Thanks Louis, I'll download and give that a try now. I'll let you know.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Use the burn help function, it is all explained there

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

For some reason, the files I have seem to not be recognized as any particular file format, even though the extension says .bin. The cue which came with it is recognized as a bin/cue file, but I can not mount the .bin, nor is it able to be extracted any further than it is. I've never come across this before. And I don't think that any of the files I have are corrupted or incomplete, either.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
cinder23

cinder23 is on a distinguished road

How to Mount .cue , .bin , .iso files in Mac - Virtual Drive creator in Mac | MacPhobia

try this
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quick time won't play my .m4v file | Mac fonts »