New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mac Mail with Yahoo. Syncing problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kennyleejx

kennyleejx is an unknown at this point

Hi everyone,

yahoo mail (the free one) now works fine with Mac Mail, I got it to work after enabling pop fowarding on yahoo. Seems like they finally are giving in and allowing pop forwarding, and based on the "we are currently upgrading" messages they have, seems like more is to come. So for now, I'm sticking with yahoo though I know gmail is awesome too.

My problem:
I usually use yahoo's website to check e-mail when I'm not on my Macbook, so often most of my e-mail is already checked when I am not at home. But when I turn on my Macbook and access Mail, it shows me new mail again, all of which I have actually already seen...basically it bolds anything new that it is downloading from the server. Any way to change this so that only really NEW mail is bolded only? It's irritating, cos then I cannot differentiate what's been checked, and what's really new mail.

Any help or advice would be awesome.
QUOTE Thanks
andrunious

andrunious is on a distinguished road

i had the same issue, at least it sounds like same issue...but what i did is remove the account(s) in Mail and re-add as IMAP instead of POP. Everything will/should sync correctly.
QUOTE Thanks
bikalpapaudel

bikalpapaudel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminium MacBook | iPod Touch

Maybe because only POP, and not IMAP? Does it support IMAP.

Finally, Yahoo free has this free POP. I thought it stupid to pay for email. Now I get extra benefits. Good. I have Gmail too BTW.

Aluminum MacBook Pro 13", AOC 22" Full HD. iPod Touch, HTC Gene. Windows 7 on a dumpster.

Everest, Buddha, Gorkha.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firefox Uninstall | Deleting a third party app »